Saturday 29 September 2007

Saturday Shmaturday

If you work hard and do your best,
You get the sack like all the rest.
But if you laze and mess about,
You live to see the job right out.
The work is hard, the pay is small,
so take your time and **** them all!
For when you're dead you'll be forgot,
Don't try and do the bloody lot,
Or on your tombstone, neatly laquered
These three words ... "just bleedin' knackered".

I don't know who wrote that, where I heard it or why I remembered it! I *think* it was on a plaque in the bathroom while I was growing up. Anywhoo, it sums up my day today!

Candle parties are like a cross between the devil and the chocolate cake section at Harrods! I LOVE them as it's guaranteed sales ie guaranteed MONEY, but gawd do they knacker me out! I have to be 100% the hostess and 100% smiles not matter how ratty I am feeling and I have to be sociable and happy for several hours ... and that kind of mental exhaustion just wipes me out for the rest of the day!

Back into work tomorrow to replace everything from today and re-box it all up ready for another party on Monday night! Woohoo mama may get to buy more shoes this week!!

Ohh and I MUST post about what my VERY astute son said to me this morning when I was all stressy and turned into a Fire Breathing Dragon ... but I'll save that for tomorrow when my head is working better!!

No comments: