Sunday 30 September 2007

Who, Me? 101 Purely random things about me ...

"Know Thyself" - Socrates

This is something I've wanted to scrapbook for a long time, so I decided to write it and post it here so I would have a record of it. Plus, since joining blogspot.com I have some new readers (thank you and welcome!!) so it's a way of letting you guys know what really makes me tick! It has taken me forever to come up with my list of 101 random things about me ... I think I could have done it in 30 minutes had I not bothered to take the time to reflect and think about the things that really make me... well me really!!! It has been a lot of fun and at times surprising too. I've also admitted things I didn't think I would!

  1. My greatest fear is to be a bad mother.
  2. I love shoes but you probably guessed that already.
  3. I am a firm believer in the concept of karma and what goes around comes around.
  4. I procrastinate way too much. If I spent less time talking about what I need to do and more time doing it … I’d probably get more done.
  5. I am a pessimist. I’ll always think of the worst case scenario to be prepared because then when it doesn’t happen it’s a bonus.
  6. The glass can be half full AND half empty. If you only fill it half way then it’s half full. If you fill it up and drink half, then it’s half empty.
  7. I love being around my friends and family but am a solitary person at heart.
  8. I am a night owl and I hate mornings. My natural body clock would prefer me to sleep 3am-11am and miss out Monday mornings completely!
  9. I am fairly patient but have a melting point and when I lose my temper I tend to lose it big time.
  10. I sometimes feel like I should take more risks in life.
  11. I HATE to be cold. In winter I have to be snuggled up in a big jumper with a duvet and my fluffy slippers.
  12. I am a very creative person. I always try to think out of the box.
  13. I love to cook but I am not very good at it!
  14. I hate HATE HATE monotony.
  15. I once almost lost the end of my middle finger on my left hand when it got shut in a sliding door. It had to be stitched back on at the hospital and just missed the nerves!
  16. I can write a website in HTML code by hand from scratch in notepad.
  17. I remember my dreams quite often.
  18. I probably drink too much wine!
  19. I believe in ghosts and the spirit world. I’ve had personal proof and that’s all I need.
  20. I am a solitary white witch but don’t get the time to practice as much as I would like.
  21. I prefer to use organic, herbal and natural remedies and sometimes do candle buring rituals and meditations.
  22. I love the sun but my skin doesn’t! I am fair skinned so I burn really easily and I have to use a high SPF cream. Any more than 20 minutes in the sun and I’ll burst into flames – well, okay that is an exaggeration but I burn badly!
  23. I rarely ever forget things.
  24. I love words and it can be hard to shut me up once I get going!
  25. I work best under pressure.
  26. I am an utter perfectionist about most things!
  27. I am good at everything I do because I don’t do things I am not good at.
  28. The only thing I have ever failed is my first driving test.
  29. I didn’t start learning to drive until I was 30. I passed second time.
  30. I am much more stubborn than anybody else you will meet!
  31. I worry FAR too much.
  32. I am really REALLY indecisive.
  33. I have an unhealthy obsession with time. There are not nearly enough hours in the day to get everything done and I am constantly looking at the clock, but I do not wear a watch!
  34. I have been a vegetarian since I was 12 years old.
  35. I have been pregnant 4 times but I only have 2 children.
  36. I am very judgemental although I try hard not to be. It is probably my worst fault.
  37. My eye is automatically and uncontrollably drawn to anything that is pink or sparkly!
  38. I am no longer afraid of the dentist. In fact I think I am in love with my dentist!!
  39. I played the violin and piano at school and passed up to Grade 5 with distinction.
  40. I used to be in the chamber choir at school and we toured the cathedrals of Northern France as well as many of the chapels and cathedrals in the local area.
  41. I LOVE the magic of Christmas! I don’t know what I’ll do when the kids grow up and I no longer have an excuse!
  42. I hate to be bored and I am never bored! I always have lots of things to do.
  43. I don’t have a favourite season. I try to think about it but I like them all for different reasons. Spring brings the warmth of the sun and puts colour back into the garden, summer is all about having fun and being outdoors. Autumn has such beautiful deep colours and I love the fallen leaves & pumpkins … and Winter is just such a magical time when it snows.
  44. I am WAY too hard on myself – I push myself a lot and have very high expectations of myself.
  45. I had many jobs before I discovered candle making in 1997 and set up my own business in 2000. To name a few … customer services, telesales operator, data-input, silver service waitress, barmaid, receptionist, chambermaid, cleaner, clothing store sales assistant… and that is just some!
  46. I have never broken a single bone in my body.
  47. Ideally, I am an environmentalist and try to be “green”, but I am decidedly NOT the outdoorsy type!
  48. I LOVE the TV show “Friends” and I was so sad when the series ended. I have the DVD box set of all 10 series!
  49. I hate tomato ketchup but love tomato soup!
  50. I take my coffee black with no sugar. It has to be DECENT coffee and I don’t drink tea.
  51. My star sign is Cancer and my personality is so very true to the traits that I should be the poster girl for the sign!!
  52. I am very easy to please and find amusement in much that surrounds me.
  53. I love people watching and imagining the life behind the face of a stranger.
  54. I do this in the rare moments of boredom I have in my life waiting in queues etc.
  55. I can eat a donut without licking my lips once.
  56. I love the idea of living in a big house in the rural countryside with a roaring open fire but could never do it. I need my central heating, I need civilisation and a shoe shop within at least 10 minutes drive!
  57. My own home is my favourite place in the world.
  58. I don’t hold a grudge, but I do remain wary for quite a while.
  59. Manufactured and commercial romance means very little to me. I would much rather see something spontaneous and romantic for no reason like a little note left on the pillow or a bunch of flowers “just because” rather than a gift and card on Valentines Day. Having said that though, if a partner doesn’t give me a gift on VD then there is trouble!!
  60. I can touch type and my fingers sometimes type faster than I can think!
  61. I rarely eat breakfast.
  62. It is absolutely essential that I spend at least some time each week on my own or I get cranky and neurotic.
  63. According to a web test my IQ is 135 – above average but definitely not genius!
  64. I have no time for people who try to convert others to their views. We are all each entitled to our own opinion with absolutely no right to force it on other people. I am a vegetarian but raising my children as meat eaters until they are old enough to make their own decisions.
  65. I am hooked on eBay.
  66. I was horrible to my parents as a teenager and hope that my children treat me better!
  67. I miss my Dad dreadfully. The day he died was one of the hardest days of my life.
  68. I don’t enjoy swimming. My skin does something weird and goes mega crinkly (more than “normal” people!) after about 10 minutes and really hurts.
  69. I crack my fingers and wish I didn’t, as I know it will probably lead to arthritis when I am older. It is a nervous habit and I don’t realise I am doing it at the time.
  70. I used to be a very jealous person but I am a lot more secure in myself these days.
  71. I am a lot closer to my mum since my Dad passed away and regret not being closer to him before he died.
  72. I am not a quitter. When I set my mind to a task I see it right through to the end.
    Maybe that’s why I am still a smoker.
  73. I have a very small circle of very good friends.
  74. I am the eldest of two children and I always wished I had an older brother.
  75. My memory is pretty good but I am useless at remembering people’s names unless I have actually had an interesting conversation or interacted with them somehow.
  76. I “do” hats. You could literally put ANY hat on my head and it would suit me.
  77. I am a very fast reader and get through books very quickly.
  78. I have more photographs than I will ever get around to Scrapbooking but I am trying my best!
  79. I don't scrapbook as much as I should these days.
  80. If I could change one aspect of my physical body, I would have a smaller bum.
  81. I am very drawn to the moon and love to look at it.
  82. I hate flying. I have flown 4 times (8 if you count there and back!) to Tenerife, Lapland, Malaga and New York. I view flying purely as a means of getting to places I want to go, but I do not enjoy the experience at all.
  83. I can read tarot cards. I have only read my own cards once and I will never do it again. I was with an ex and we were looking at buying a bar together with another couple - some friends. My ex asked me to do a reading for him to see what the cards said. It was basically a negative reading saying that it was a really bad idea and not to do it. I read my own cards because it was so spooky and spot on. Bear in mind that the cards are cut in half, twisted around and shuffled thoroughly three times before being laid out ... I got the SAME cards in the SAME positions. I'll never read for myself again.
  84. I still have the key to the very first place I ever lived by myself.
  85. I don’t really like the colour bright yellow! I don’t have anything against it, it just doesn’t suit me in clothing (pale complexion) and it’s not a colour I’d have on my walls at home.
  86. I’d choose true and deep love over money any day.
  87. I’d also choose freshly baked chunky cut bread & olive oil over chocolate.
  88. I could never “dance like nobody is watching” because I can’t dance. Period!
  89. I am a “list” person. I make lists of things I need to do and religiously check them off.
  90. I have been diagnosed with depression and been on medication.
  91. I have an uncanny feeling that I will move house two more times before being finally settled.
  92. My "uncanny feelings" - or woman's intuition, or psychic vibes - call them what you will... are usually scarily right!!
  93. I sleep on my stomach with my right leg up at a right angle.
  94. I am a closet blatant closet exhibitionist.
  95. My given name is Wendy. Dee came about when an ex used to call me “Wend” which used to irritate the crap out of me. I used to call back Wend-DEEEEEE. He then started calling me Deeeeee and it just stuck! I’ve been Dee ever since.
  96. I have bought 5 new pairs of shoes this week. That's not a normal week though!
  97. I drive with the music LOUD and the window open.
  98. I love white knuckle rides! I’m growing kids so I’ll have someone to go on them with me!
  99. I am totally 100% natural blonde but I did dye my hair chestnut brown once to see what life was like on “the other side”
  100. I HATE getting up early in the morning when I don’t need to, but always find I achieve a lot more that day!
  101. I am training as a kickboxer. At the time of writing this (Sept 2007) I have my brown belt and am working towards my 2nd brown. I have 3 more grades to go until I get my black belt but this will take around 18 months to achieve.
  102. I listen to music all the time. Whether it’s the radio or a CD I usually have something playing.
  103. I rarely watch TV.
  104. People who cannot spell properly should carry a dictionary and USE IT!
  105. I have a scar on my forehead where I tried to walk through a glass door when I was a toddler.
  106. I have a scar on my lip from where I fell off a doorstep when I was 18 months old.
  107. I totally don’t blame my mother for any of the above!
  108. I'm so compulsive this was BOUND to go over 101 things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow just discovered your blog today and feel like I know you already! Fascinating!!!