Monday 2 June 2008

Heading towards the wee small hours & still working ...

Okay so I managed to somehow screw up my website last night! I was trying to create a custom 404 page, tried uploading a .htaccess file to the server and it was probably a combination of too much wine and uploading it to the wrong folder ... but whatever I did ... I've managed to take my whole site out! I phoned my tech support but there is nothing they can do until Monday ... not good!!

It's technically Monday morning now, but as far as my body clock goes it's still Sunday night as I haven't gone to bed yet. Last night I ended up being up until around 2.30am and I reckon tonight is heading the same way too! I've been working on a redraft of my website based on some opinions I was given by trusted people ....

  • The whole design needs to suggest "lifestyle" more (which is what I've known for a while.) It needs to be fresher and more modern/up to date.
  • The photography has also needed updating for a while to show customer that my candles are absolutely essential to the lifestyle that they want to achieve!!
  • The photo of my father needs to be removed (he died in 2003) and although he's still a big part of me ... it's not relevant to the business anymore. I need to move on.
So that's kind of what I've been doing... and I am really pleased with the results. It's almost been a blessing that the website has been offline, because by the time the engineers have sorted it on Monday .... I'll hopefully have a brand new site to load!!

No comments: