Monday 2 June 2008

I need a harder nose!!

I am sat here watching Hotel Babylon and I SO need to take inspiration from Rebecca the hotel manager! She is a mega hard nosed super bitch who doesn't take crap from anyone. I wouldn't want to be completely like her because she is so VERY driven with very little room in her life for anything else... but as far as running a business goes?

I need a harder nose ... or a backbone - or both!! I need to start playing the game properly instead of pussy footing and half arseing around.

It's been a fairly good work day today. Half term is over now and it's all back to normal with the kids so I can get finally "proper" work done again. I feel totally exhausted and knackered as I've been fairly nonstop during the day, and then the last couple of nights have been late ones working on the website, but I'm pleased to say it's so very nearly ready to go and it looks terrific!

p.s. The actual "live" site (I use that term loosely right now) is STILL offline. I am so totally pissed off about that as I've been on the phone to my hosts several times and I am simply told "engineers are aware and working on it." Btw it wasn't actually me that screwed it up - apparently it's their end - I just happened to be uploading at the time it went tits up!

In the mean time I apparently just have to sit tight and errr wait!

No comments: