Friday 20 June 2008

OMG I'm a bad person ... I'm SORRY!!!!!

But OMG what a week!!!!


Seriously I've had the most amazing week and I've worked my ass off ... which is the ONLY reason I haven't blogged for 4 days ... oooooops!!! Jeeeez, I actually can't remember the last time I left it that long before blogging!
But look .... this is what I have been doing!!! LOL


I am sooooooooooooooooooo pleased with it! Check it out in all it's pinkness at http://www.deelights.co.uk
It's been a weird week!! L has helped me enormously with some proverbial butt kicking which has really motivated me into getting things done!
I've been drinking a lil bit this evening (yeah Dee had a night off!) so I can't promise how much I'll actually get written ... but I will try!!
L helped me to work out exactly how much I need to make per week to cover the overheads that the business has and that has been a really good figure to work out. Can you believe I actually didn't know that number before?? It's crazy. The best thing is that based on the highest outgoing figure (which doesn't take into account the savings I am working on making at the moment) ... I have covered what we need to make this week - plus I am up on next week.
Considering that until TODAY the website wasn't listed in google for my key search term "scented candles" ... that's been phenomenal!!
You should have seen me earlier when I did a google search and found myself on the first page of google! YEAH baby!! I've spent the last few nights tweaking the website and working on optimising it for the search engines and it is such a relief that it has paid off! I literally ... LITERALLY did a happy dance around my front room to such an extent that my 8 year old son told me off for swearing!!!!!!!
Ooooops!
Wellllllll it was a huge thing!! After the site being offline for 2 weeks, then not being listed in google as the spiders had been out ... and obviously my hard work over the last few days has really paid off!
*still doing the happy candlemaker dance*
Seriously ... the happy candlemaker dance is something to be seen - it really is! Maybe one day I'll get someone to video me doing it! LOL
So anyway ... tonight I've been feeling really positive and it's been GREAT! I'm exhausted - completely and utterly, but I'm happy and loving the fact that it's Friday night and I don't need to get up early!!
I was asked an interesting question by a candlemaking friend in Ireland on MSN tonight. He is a hobbyist and at the point where he is almost ready to start as a business. It was an interesting chat because he's a fellow candlemaker, yet he's not technically competition as he makes carved candles PLUS he's in Ireland!
Anyway ... he asked me what it would really take to make me happy (this is after 3 hours of MSN chatting!) and it really caused me to stop and think.
What do I want/need to make me happy?
I want to be "comfortable". That's all! Yeah it would be great to be rich but lets face it, that is a pipe dream for most of us!! Comfortable to me means knowing that all of the bills are paid and that if I happen to see a pair of shoes tha I "must have" ... that I can buy them and not worry about whether I can afford them! Call me superficial & shallow because I want to live in a nice house and have nice things around me - the pinker & sparklier the better!! Does that make me a bad person? I don't exactly want to live in a Swarovski encrusted world, but a lil more glitter & sparkle never hurt!!
I want my kids to grow up knowing they are loved and for them to feel secure & happy. I want them to grow into confident adults ready to take on the world no matter what challenges are thrown at them. I want to be their mother and their friend at the same time and to never lose touch with who they are as individuals.
Good friends. This is vital. I need my close friends - they are the ones that keep me sane through the dark times!
I want my business to succeed and to finally turn a profit enough for me to draw a serious wage and be able to achieve all of my other dreams without bleeding the business account dry and stabbing my own self in the foot!
I want to come home at the end of a long and hard day & snuggle up in the arms of a man who loves me more than anything, thinks I am a complete and utter goddess and who will succumb to my every whim!
Is that really too much to ask for??
Trust me there's a lot more I would love to add to that wish list .... but that's what it will take before I am truly happy.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dee, absolutely ADORE the new web site. You've inspired me to get off my patootie and get working on mine. Great Job!! Oh, and you ARE the goddess of search listings. How the heck did you get back up in the listings that quickly. I bow to ya!

Amy
Lights & Scents

Dee xx said...

LOL Amy .... it took sheer and utter HARD WORK to get back up into the search engines! I could tell ya how ... but I'd have to kill ya *grin*