Saturday 14 June 2008

The worst craft show on record!!!

I was up mega early this morning to make sure that I was in Climping (Nr Littlehampton) for 9am ready to unload my stock and set up for the 2 day show. One thing that's always nice about shows & events is when you find yourself with nice neighbours on the next stalls ... and well, had it not been for conversation with the other stallholders I would have been even MORE bored than I already was!

It actually seriously was my worst show on record - EVER! I made just about enough to *barely* cover the cost of the table for the day - and that doesn't count the cups of coffee I bought, petrol, my time ... my TIME! I spent 8 hours there today and there was barely anybody through the doors. It was so soul destroying!! The problem on days when it's like that at shows - is that by the time it gets to half way through the day and you still haven't made any serious sales ... is that you really can't be "bothered" then to really put in the sales pitch when people do approach your table! You figure that they aren't going to buy anyway so you may as well save your back and sit down!!


*sigh*

Well anyway I went into the workshop this evening and I'm taking some different stock with me tomorrow. We'll see how that goes! In the meantime I am SHATTERED! The website STILL isn't online so I'll have to phone the new host on Monday morning as their tech support isn't open on weekends GRRRR ... still, by the time it DOES get online it will be ready - I'll make damned sure of that!! I worked late through the night last night on it ... I'll give it a bit longer this evening on it before I hit the sack, then as soon as I am home from the show on Sunday I'll be cracking on with it again!

Ohh and once that's done it's back to number crunching!

It's never ending ... but I'm happy! Ok a little depressed about the crappy day today, but I actually do feel focused and positive - and THAT is what it is all about!

No comments: