Friday 30 November 2007

Friday Five - 30th November 2007

This week's Friday five are a little on the weird side but I'm always one for a challenge, so here goes!!!!

Are you a mentalist or an illusionist? I am definitely a mentalist... this is how Wikepedia defines it ....

The term mentalist refers to entertainers whose performance appears to be based on "psychic" abilities, featuring the ability to read minds, project the mind to alter the state of matter, foretell the future, and see distant and hidden objects. This branch of magic is referred to as "mentalism".

You see, an illusionist creates things that aren't really there, and although I have my demons and personal secrets ... what you see is what you get with me! I can also read tarot and have a firm belief in the spiritual world and free will.

You're on a roll - do you feel the roll you are on? Hell yes!!! This question is perfectly timed because I really do feel like I am on a roll at the moment. Business has picked up and life - for the first time in a long time - is good!!

How many performances a week? Every day!!!! Life isn't a rehearsal and you have to get out there and grab every single opportunity that comes along for you. Don't rehearse - perform!!!!

Is there a little bit of Evel Knievel in you? A daredevil? Ohhhh yes!! See previous answer! People who don't dare, don't live and it's that simple!! What is the point in going through life just accepting and plodding? You sometimes have to go looking for opportunities because they sure as heck won't always land in your lap. Sometimes that involves being a bit of a daredevil. I love rollercoasters though and my life has certainly been one!!!

How much of what you do is physical? My work is very physical! Wax is delivered in 25kg sacks which have to be taken upstairs to the workshop (43 steps and yes I counted them!) I am constantly on my feet on the go during the day pouring candles, and packing boxes is very physically demanding!! My evenings tend to be less physical (unless I'm at the workshop) - I'm usually found on the sofa with my laptop balanced with a glass of wine working on my website ... picture big comfy dressing gown & slippers with my feet up on the table!

No comments: