Sunday 4 November 2007

Who are you and what have you done with my mother????

... were the words uttered by my 9 year old daughter while we were standing in the middle of Brantano (shoe shop) earlier today! She had needed a new pair of school shoes and there was a buy one get one half price sale. You didn't need to tell me twice ... I was off to the ladies size 7 shoes and you know what? Nothing! Absolutely nothing was calling out "Buy me, BUY ME" in the way that shoes normally do and I was really disappointed. There were lots of sandals and party heels but nothing dissimilar to what I already own, and the only pair I actually fancied the look of were £40 .... and I didn't like them that much that I could justify spending £40 JUST to get a £10 pair of shoes for Megan half price!!

She had me in hysterics .... "Who are you and what have you done with my mother?" with a funny put on "evil" look on her face! She KNOWS me! I asked her why she said that and she said "because it's you! Because you love shoes and we are in a shoe shop and you aren't buying shoes!"

She knows me so well! We bought her a pair of slipper socks half price instead :-)

No comments: