Wednesday 14 November 2007

Wasted days and more stress

I've been trying not to let on how stressed I have been feeling under the surface, but the last few days have actually been quite tough.

I went into work on Monday morning and had forgotten how clean the place was, so that was a nice surprise at least, but a candlemaker with no wax can't make many candles!! I loaded up the vats with what was left and as I'd already cleaned up and boxed up everything else, I went home at midday! My wax delivery was due that afternoon, but I hadn't fancied hanging around scratching my bum as I waited for it!! I knew the driver would leave it outside the door and that would be fine!

Yesterday Nathan had an occupational therapy appointment at 10.45 which was an awful time!! I dropped him at school at 9, had time to head into work to check email, make a couple of calls and bring in the wax delivery before I had to leave to take him to the appointment!! By the time he was back at school it was 12.15, and as it takes an hour at least for my wax to heat up to a useable temperature, it wasn't worth me going back to work!!

I told myself yesterday was only a wasted day if I let it be wasted, so I had a quick tidy up at home and did some work on the website, but I feel so far behind now. I have to go in this morning already a few days behind where my delivery was late (it should have arrived Friday but the supplier was running behind too!) and it's not good for my stress levels.

I've been managing to keep it in check though and I've kind of kept it to myself because there hasn't been anything that I or anyone else can do about it!! I have B in at work tomorrow & Fri mornings, so I should be hopefully caught up by the end of this weekend.

The appointment Nathan had was to help with manual dexterity, holding pens, scissors & cutlery properly, helping him with letter forming etc. He can write and read very well but he tends to "draw" his letters rather than writing him, so he's getting help and support with that. I'm really chuffed that he's getting the help he needs. Pushy parents rule!! If I hadn't constantly hassled the doctors for Nathan's initial diagnosis, and then kept phoning and phoning to try and get him bumped up the waiting list ... ugh I dread to think where we'd be! He seems to be a really happy and well adjusted little boy at the moment though, so that's great!

Can't believe it's Wednesday already!!!

No comments: