Wednesday 21 November 2007

I can't stop grinning!!!!!!!!

I am just having the BEST day and it's not even midday!!! Normally when the telephone rings at work, I take a very deep breath and try and answer it with a smile while I am secretly wondering who wants my money (or my blood - or both!!) ... but today? OMG it's just been the best day!!

First call of the day was a woman confirming a candle party booking for early December - she hadn't bought from me before, but had mentioned to a friend of hers (who happened to BE a customer of mine!) that she fancied a candle party but didn't want the well known American candle party company ... and her friend told her all about me and how great I was, how my candles were super strong scented and she'd burned nothing like them before etc!!

Inflate ego part 1!

Next phone call was a woman who started by giving me her order number and I got ready to hear "and I haven't received my order yet" ... but what I actually heard was her thanking me for getting her candles out so quickly and how wonderful it all smelled!!! This was a first time customer and she put another order in over the phone for Christmas presents for her friends!!

Ego pretty inflated already but heck always room for bigger eh!! By this time I am smiling just a bit!!!

I get on with packing up some more orders and realise I REALLY need to order packaging (bubble wrap, styrofoam peanuts and more boxes). There's enough money in the biz account to order what I need, but I actually owe this company money from previous orders and can't afford to pay it off, so I had put off placing a new order. Bit of background - the business really struggled in the early part of the year and I had called the packaging company to put in a small order and mentioned about the cash flow problem. They were SO great and understanding, and because I had been a very loyal customer of theirs for so many years, they said I could order what I needed and not worry about it for a few months. How amazing was that! Because I'd been loyal to them and a good customer over the years, they helped me out a lot. Anyway I called them today to place the new order and I mentioned what I owed ... again they told me not to worry about it but just to send them some extra money via PayPal when I could.

I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful company as part of my supply source and I am going to plug them here!! If you need packaging in the UK, it HAS to be Box it In - Steve and Faye are both fantastic and the customer service can't be beaten!!!

So yes, feeling very smug from the couple of calls earlier and very looked after by Box it In, I just took another call!! This woman told me that her daughter in law had been buying from me for years and was a regular customer of mine and had got her started on my stuff too and how amazed they had all been about the quality and the strength!!! She said to me that she couldn't think of anything better to get her daughter in law for Christmas than some DeeLights candles!!!!

Feeling smug with a huge grin on a very inflated head that just may not make it through the door!!!!!!

No comments: