Sunday 11 November 2007

Not just clean, but "Dee Clean!"

Well okay maybe it's not quite "Dee Clean" standard, but the workshop is looking mighty clean and tidy after my weekend spent in there clearing up! I'd been expecting a wax delivery Friday afternoon that didn't show up so that will arrive Monday, but I hadn't wanted to waste the weekend. I am pretty much out of wax so I made a conscious decision to go in there Saturday and Sunday for most of the day and have a damned good clear up!!

I don't have a vacuum up there so I had to sweep the main floor and it's really cheap naff horrible carpet that is a beast to sweep and it took forever. I did a couple of dump runs too, so I definitely got a good arm workout this weekend!

I laugh at myself when I start tackling a big project like that because it's always the same. I start tidying up and it then goes through a period of looking worse than it did before I started while I stand there and think why the **** did I ever start this!! Then when it's all clean and shiny I stand there and feel smug! The main packing area is all re-organised with packing stations set up ready for the Christmas rush. I've made separate areas for different types of orders and re-arranged the stock room!

It's almost a shame to go to work on Monday and mess it all up with wax again!

Other than that a pretty mundane weekend with nothing much to report!!

No comments: