Friday 2 May 2008

Friday Five - 2nd May

This week's Friday Five is all about spice!!

What do you think about spicy food? Ummmm I am actually not a huge fan of spicy food! I grow a mean jalepeno chilli plant ... but I can't touch the stuff myself! I like to TASTE my food rather than have to throw buckets of water down my throat just in order to swallo!!!

What kinds of condiments do you add to food in order to spice things up a bit? I'm a bit of a black pepper freak ... or at least I thought I was until I met a friend who should have shares in it! I always add salt and pepper to my food... freshly ground though of course!

Not counting salt and pepper, what’s your favorite flavor enhancer when cooking? GARLIC!! Love it! My dad never liked the smell of it, so mum never cooked with it when I grew up. I remember discovering garlic when I was around 15 ... and I've never looked back!

What’s the spiciest food you’ve ever eaten? Ahhh now that would be absolutely anything cooked by my friend Mimi! She's Sudanese and one of the most amazing cooks in the world... she also really looks after me as a vegetarian and warns me about the things that are toooooo spicy for me!

In what way might some other aspect of your daily life be spiced up, and what’s keeping that from happening right now? Ooooh like I'm gonna admit THAT in public!! Errr fresh batteries and new seeds? I'm so sad.

No comments: