Thursday 1 May 2008

Well, I voted - Ugh

I got up this morning, stuffed my polling card in my pocket and started the day determined to make a difference in my local area.

Bollocks to that. I was SO disappointed. When I got there, I realised that I'd misunderstood the difference between a district council area and the wards for voting. See, I'm still fairly ignorant about politics! I'd read the green party website last night and found that they had a candidate in Adur District ... MY district council. Unfortuately I am classed under a different ward though and we have NO green local candidate.

I had a choice of the three "major" parties


Well, I didn't want A or B ... so I was left with no choice but to vote C. I'm determined to go get a metric butt-load of candles made today to at least make SOME part of my day worth it *sigh*

No comments: