Sunday 4 May 2008

I WAS gonna buy shoes ... but ...

I had to go to B&Q to get some nuclear style bug killer because my aubergines are getting seriously attacked. I've been struggling with wanting desperately to stay 100% organic over the fact that last year's aubergines DIED thanks to bugs ...and my organic method just isn't working.

Anyway, the plan was to then head over to Brantano to get me some new shoes ... I had fantastised about new shoes all day ... I knew I was going to be looking for some low sling back heels that I can wear casually with a pair of trousers or dress up for the evening... but I was also on a budget! Yesterday's candle party was actually much better than I'd hoped for, and I figured I'd spend £25-£30 on myself!!

It has been a LONG time since I bought anything for myself and you know what? I just felt like I DESERVED it! Well, I found myself looking around the garden section in B&Q thinking I'd pick up some more herbs .... and look what I found and put STRAIGHT in my trolley!

Uhuh, instead of shoes, I bought a gorgeous teracotta planter filled with herbs! It cost £20 and I know I was probably ripped off as I could have bought the planter and planted it up myself, but it has EVERYTHING I use in it!! There is a very spindly looking thyme on the right of the photo, so I'll see what happens to that - there are actually 3 different sorts of thyme in there so I'm happy to lose one and fill it with my basil that I've grown from seed.

So ummm ... no shoes for this girl today as I spent my budget on something else ... but I have some new herbs!! Pasta with olive oil & fresh herbs served with potatoes ..... mmmmmm

No comments: