Monday 5 May 2008

I melted faster than my wax today!

The workshop was like an oven today! As soon as I opened the door I felt the wave of heat come over me and my thermometer showed it was 26° INDOORS! It wasn't so much that it was warm (although it was definitely that!) there was just no air circulation. I had all the windows open and the air conditioning going, but OMG I could hardly breathe in there! Goodness knows what it will be like come the summer!


After my semi-naked candlemaking from a couple of days ago, I stripped off as soon as I got in there today!



It's becoming quite a habit working in a pair of 3/4 trousers and my bra! It's all well and good when I'm there on my own on the weekends with the door locked ... but during the working week with staff, customers popping in and out and deliveries etc it's not exactly errr suitable work attire!!


I'm going to have to get some dungaree shorts or something like that because UGH it's not even summer yet! I remember a couple of years ago when business was better and I had permanent staff ... when it got THAT hot we took a bunch of votives, bags, wicks and labels and did all of the packaging sat on the grass outside! LOL

I need some serious big ass air conditioning units in there!!!

No comments: