Thursday 1 May 2008

Re-organising my craft room!!

After days of procrastination (quietly to myself for once instead of loudly on my blog!) I have finally made a really good dent in moving round and re-organising my craft space!! I am INCREDIBLY lucky to have the space that I've got and I am very grateful for it! I live in a bungalow where the main bedroom is upstairs. As you look at the far wall of the bedroom you see a door that looks like it's a built in wardrobe or something similar, but you actually step right through into the eaves. One of the first things hub & I did in this house was to insulate and board it up to create extra space ... and this is where I "live" when I'm crafting!!

I've still got a LOT of "putting away" and tidying up to do yet - there's still eleventy hundred boxes of embellishments to sort through (ok mebbe not quite that!) , but this is it so far ...

This is my desk and main work space. I've got four custom built shelves for all well okay, some of my rubber stamps - the rest live in boxes! The set of drawers under the desk are where I keep all of my scraps... patterned paper scraps in the top and card in the bottom. Pinned ALL around my walls are bits & pieces, odds & ends, photos and pretty stuff to surround myself with!!! I also have the comfiest chair in the world! It reclines all the way back and is totally adjustable in about every way you can imagine! It cost about £80 but it is worth every penny considering the number of hours I can spend sitting in it!!

Behind my chair I've got a set of shelves and a cupboard (very lockable!) Across the top of these are "stuff I need to hand" - like boxes of photos I want to work on and boxes of embellishments. In the cupboard - well you don't wanna see how disorganised it is, but that's a project for another day! That cupboard houses every single printed photo that I own!! Trust me they are stacked in there! The door that you can see goes through to hub's space. It's less than half the size of mine but he only uses it for gaming!! I can shut that door and lock him in from this side if I want to! LOL

To give you some bearings ... hub's door is on the left of this pic ... and the door back through to the bedroom is on the right hand side. My room is really weird with the ceiling angles, but this pic shows my fabby 12x12 wooden cubes and I forget where I got them from but I they are PERFECT to house my trays and trays (and then more trays!) of patterned paper on the left hand side!!!

Completed albums are kept at the bottom and I'm just beginning to sort through more embellishments to store on the right hand side. Ooooh yeah, a tip I picked up from my MUM of all people ... Chinese takeout plastic boxes make ideal embellishment storage!!!

On top of the 12x12 cubes is my display rack for my handmade cards, and on the very left you can see a lil door through to the rest of the eaves.

And that's where I live when I'm being creative!!

I've been ITCHING to scrapbook tonight, but hub is up in his room playing games and even though the door between us would stay shut, I prefer to scrap in solitude ... ack it's a personal thing!!!

I want to get the rest of my embellishments properly and finally sorted / put away and THEN Dee shall sneak home from work early and scrapbook tomorrow!!

No comments: