Thursday 11 October 2007

Busier than a great big busy thing!!!

My lack of posts for two days isn't because there has been nothing to post about ... more that I've hardly stopped! Busy has not been the word for my life recently! By the time tonight is over, I'll have done 4 candle parties since last Saturday night and I think I have about reached my limit!! I've been out of the house working every night this week - either doing a party or in the workshop pouring wax and gawd I need a night off! At least tonight is a fairly local one so I won't be finishing too late.

Thursday is always a busy day - I've not long got home from work and then Nathan has football 4-5pm and Megan has Brownies 6-7.30 so in between I have to get them fed, finish off the housework and then make sure I have everything ready for tonight so I can leave as soon as their dad walks through the door!!!

Proud Mama Bear moment ....
Megan and Nathan had parent consultations up at the school on Tuesday evening and I am so proud of both of them!! Megan has been struggling with maths for a while now and she had trouble grasping some of the new concepts last year, but she's made huge leaps and improvements in the first couple of months in year 5, and she is working really hard to achieve it too. Her reading is just through the roof and she's working well in everything. Nathan seems to be very calm and concentrating well at school (he's in year 3) which is a remarkable change in this time last year. There has only been one day since the start of the school year where he was apparently uncontrollable and there's a question mark over whether he actually took his medication that day or not. Because of his "problems" he has something called an IEP (Individual Education Plan) at school where they identify areas that he needs to improve on and work towards. Last year his targets were things like sitting still and not doing unprompted forward rolls in the middle of the classroom! This year it's things like capital letters and full stops - real education instead of trying to control behaviour. it's an enormous thing for Nathan.

Both of them have done so well - I'm soooo proud!!!

No comments: