Wednesday 17 October 2007

Still ill, stressed & the internet connection from ****

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Okay that's only MILDLY better.

What a day. Some days I wake up and just know it's going to be stressful. Today was another one of those days. It all went fairly smoothly with the kids this morning and getting out of the house wasn't a major problem, but as soon as I got to the workshop the phone kept ringing and it wasn't even with people placing orders! Nooo it's the "advertise with us, we're the best" calls that REALLY annoy me when I'm busier than a great big busy thing.

And then I realised that my internet connection was down. I run an INTERNET business. This means that for my business to work and run smoothly (well as smoothly as it can while I have no permanent staff!) then I need an internet connection! I spent almost an hour on the phone to BT Broadband helpdesk this morning because I couldn't access emails or even get a plain old browser window working.

Internet dead.

He did manage to get it all up and running again after some miraculous process with pushing buttons and unplugging/replugging leads in a certain order. It would be so much easier if they just give you this info with the equipment, but then they couldn't charge you premium rate phone calls to fix it down the line!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! So finally I get my internet connection back and manage to get a few boxes packed up and the collections booked online before I had to leave to come home before picking the kids up. What a waste of a day.

No comments: