Wednesday 5 March 2008

A fabby haircut and a self confidence boost ... in one day!!!

My hair has NEEDED cutting for a long time now ... it's been well over a year since I last had it "trimmed" and also because I use my GHD straighteners almost every day the ends of my hair were split and in bad shape.

Trouble is, it is sooooo hard to fit it in and find the time at the same time I have the spare cash to pay for it! I refuse to go get a cheap bad haircut! I am not vain, but there are things a girl shouldn't compromise on, and those rare times of pampering should be fully taken advantage of! I didn't spend a ridiculous fortune though - I'm not a fool! I went to a local salon that I've been to before where the same girl cut my hair again today. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't expensive either!!

I'd also kinda been tired of just having flat straight blonde hair!! I wanted to be able to put some ooomph in it when I want to!



Before & After!!

Wow it's taking some getting used to!! I've had a good 4" taken off the length so it is only just below my shoulders, and she put new shorter layers in so that I can blow dry it with a round brush to give it volume and "ooomph" when I want to!

Ohh yeah ... and I have a FRINGE again!!! I'm soooo happy with it ... it took me YEARS to grow my fringe out when I was younger, but I went in there determined to have one put back today! LOL

Wow, I almost forgot to mention this bit! We were chatting - as hairdresser and client do while she's snipping away ... and I forget what the conversation was even about, but I said about how I'd lost a few pounds weight recently and wasn't "trying" to lose more weight, but if I did then it would be a bonus.... and her reply was "but you're tiny" ....

Now see, I have been called a LOT of things in my life, but TINY sure as heck aint one of them! LOL I half sniggered in my chair and she couldn't believe I was saying I could do with losing a few pounds!

It made me feel terrific I must admit, plus she did a great job on my haircut! Whaddya think?

No comments: