Wednesday 12 March 2008

OMG what did I JUST say about normal service being resumed??

OMG I don't believe this ... I totally believe this ... it's ME after all! If it is bound to go wrong ... then it WILL go wrong!! That's just the way it goes!
So I had literally JUST posted from the workshop that normal service was resumed after the BT / internet fiasco and finally had my internet connection up and running again. I'd sat down at the computer for a quick lunch break (ok coffee and smoke!) and meanwhile turned on my mini hobs to get them up to temperature and melt some leftover wax that I had in a jug.

I went back into the pouring room after I'd finished my coffee and my bloody heat source had DIED! Not just dead but beyond dead. Damnit! I use a big melter to actually melt my wax, then I keep it at temperature on one of these (as in the photo) while I prep the moulds etc before I pour. Without this heat source, there is no WAY I can make candles - the wax needs to be at a specific temperature to pour it ... so yet again I am going to be BEHIND on my orders. I've been in a highly motivated mood all morning too - and thankfully I did get SOME things made before it died ... but I was planning on being there today until literally 3pm when I have to pick the children up from school!
Unfortunately ... by 12.30 this afternoon I was on my way home because there was literally nothing to do without heat for the wax!! I've ordered a new one that will be here by 10.30am tomorrow ... and meanwhile I'm sat at home! It may sound great to some, but I'd actually rather be working right now! I was so in the mood to get tons of orders cleared ready to pack up tomorrow!! Instead I will do some work on the catalogues and the redesign of the price lists for the summer, maybe design some new wedding labels. *sigh*
So ummm "Normal Service" hopefully will actually be back just after 10.30am tomorrow morning when I get my delivery!!

No comments: