Monday 10 March 2008

Happy little seedlings!!

I repotted my seedlings into their first pots! Last year I grew my tomatoes and herbs from baby plants and this year I was determined to try growing from seed so it's a complete learning curve for me but I am thoroughly enjoying it!

The pic shows my tomatoes (orange pots) and aubergines (black pots) I need to get some little plant label thingies, but meanwhile they are just colour coded! LOL

I was a bit disappointed by the roots on them all though. I can only put it down to the compost I used in the propagator. I had been so excited when I got the seeds and I used compost that I had left from last year. I've learned a LOT about gardening recently from a few friends of mine that are very into it - one of my friends is lucky enough to have her own allotment so she's a great source of advice!

I was recommended the compost shown in the photo by another friend of mine, and as soon as I opened the bag I just KNEW it was gonna be good stuff! It has extra perlite and already has food in it for 4-6 weeks which is brilliant. So yes, my baby cherry tomato plants and baby aubergine plants are officially on their way!!

No comments: