Sunday 9 March 2008

Night Sweats

Okay I have to blog about this because it might be important...

I've had the most awful night sweats for the last couple of nights where I have literally woken up with my PJs drenched. I wear a pair of cotton shorts and a vest t-shirt in bed normally, but even sleeping completely naked last night didn't make a difference. When I woke up in the middle of night I had to turn my pillow over because it was so wet with sweat, and then this morning I had to completely fix my sheet because it was all twisted somehow.

Even though I feel like I slept well because of my extra sleep in the mornings over this weekend, I know I had very disturbed nights from the state of the bed in the morning!

It's scary. I did a google search for "night sweats" and the first thing I came up with was symptoms of the menopause! Menopause doesn't usually hit until a woman is in her 40s, but I haven't actually had a period in a couple of months ... and I AM 33 this year! I'm not panicking about menopause seriously or anything, but I haven't actually had a period in a couple of months now ... and no I'm not pregnant LOL just trust me on that one!

Anyway, for whatever reason, I've been sweating a LOT at night. The heating isn't on overnight, I only wear shorts and a vest in bed and I always sleep with a window open. Even with that, my nights have been really disturbed. I wonder whether it's to do with my happy pills ... I had the dose increased recently and increased sweating is a listed side effect. I guess I've been on the higher dose for around a month or so, and that's roughly how long it can take for it to kick in, so maybe it's a part of it ...

Either way, there's something just not quite right about being a woman and not having a period every month, especially as I have been feeling so goddamned broody recently! I even did a pregnancy test last month just to check for sure ... and for that minute until the result showed up, I thought about how I would cope with a new baby, how life would change but how great it would be.

The test was negative.

I can't explain it! I suppose I always saw myself with three children and with things the way they are, there's no way of me ever having another baby. Don't get me wrong, I love Megan and Nathan with everything that I am and I wouldn't change them for the world ... there's just something inside me that is so very aware of how my body clock is ticking and that I am getting closer and closer to 35...

*sigh*

I should just get a puppy or something!

No comments: