Monday 10 March 2008

Wax, Work & Weather!!

... well I always did say I was eclectic hence the subject line! My days are never simple!

Ok well I am definitely hooked. I planted my lettuce seeds today too! As the seedlings in the propagator had been moved onto pots, it was just crying out to be filled up again! I've got the "cut and come again" type seeds - the idea is to sew new seeds every few weeks so it becomes a rotational constant crop. I've got a mix of crunchy and spicy lettuces and I just mixed all the seeds up together to see what I come up with! LOL

Work was tough today! I had so much to do and where I'd been in and out last week due to "circumstances", I had almost completely ran out of packing boxes, so had to get an urgent order in for those! I spent most of the weekend pouring stock votives and bulk dozens of votives and there were ummm 28 dozen votives to wick! I timed myself once and from putting the wick in the votive, putting it in the bag, taping the bag up and labelling, it takes an average of 6 minutes per dozen ... that would be 168 minutes of solid votive packaging! I didn't fancy spending over two hours stood up at work doing it, so I spent the time at work doing other things and then brought all the wicking home! I've sat here this evening with a glass of wine and done ALL the wicking while listening to some tunes!

Yeah baby I rock! LOL

Took a call this afternoon from South Downs College (http://www.southdowns.ac.uk/) about a 2 day event they are running for May bank holiday on the Sunday and Monday. Sooo I'm definitely going to book that one! I've already spoken to Megan about coming along as my chief sales executive - the conversation went something like this.

ME - I've got a 2 day show booked for the 25th & 26th May, do you fancy coming with me?
MEGAN - 2 days? Oooh I've not done one of those before. How many hours is that?
ME - Well, it's 10-5 on the Sunday which is 7 hours, then 10-4 on the Monday, so that's 6 hours.

I could see the steam escaping from her ears as she did the calculation in her head! Megan LOVES coming with me just for fun and for Mum & Megan time, but I pay her a pound an hour (c'mon she's only nine!!!) plus I give her five pounds to spend on anything she wants while she's there... and invariably I get talked into upping that and buying slices of cake too! LOL

MEGAN - That's 13 hours. Does that mean I get 13 pounds?
ME - Yes baby that's the deal - a pound an hour.
MEGAN - Plus my five pounds to spend?
ME - Uhuh
MEGAN (punching the air and whoop whooping around the room)

That's my girl! HAH!

So yeah the weather ... god last night I could really hear the wind and rain against my bedroom windows! My bedroom is a loft conversion in a bungalow so you're pretty exposed up there! It's normally a really warm room and I always ALWAYS sleep with the window open, so when the storm started last night I heard it all! It wasn't a big storm by any means and the fences were still standing, but it was good to be tucked up safe in bed listening to the wind and rain battering against the windows. We're apparently in for bad weather for the next few days ... bring on the sun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog always makes me laugh! Bless you and your little seeds! hehee