Monday 7 April 2008

Certainly the most interesting Monday in a while!!

My day started off with me almost having a heart attack! I'd used my card in the hole in the wall of my local bank, and then gone straight into the branch to pay in a cheque. I hadn't realised that although I'd put my number in, requested the money and taken my card ... I hadn't actually taken the cash. A lady came in with my money in her hand while I was queuing up and said "I think you left this in the machine."

I actually picked the lady up and hugged her. I wish I could have thought more at the time to at least ask this lady her name - and I was so in shock that I doubt I would recognise her even if I saw her again.

I was gobsmacked - truly and completely (it doesn't happen often that I am so stuck for words!!!) but I was so surprised that it was returned to me safely. Funny ... the cashier saw it all happen and she said to me that someone was looking out for me that day! I was actually physically shaking because the household is pretty short of cash right now. That was literally all I had ... and I told her that I felt the need to go find someone to do a good turn for to pay it forward!! She said no... she said when things like that happen to good people it is because they deserve it.

That's a nice thought huh ... considering how STRESSED I have been lately and how much I do for other people that there has actually been some good karma repaid to me.

I've had a really weird day as a result, but it's got to 9pm and I have a smile on my face so that's gotta be good ... right? LOL Plus, my migraine has been "better" - not gone completely but better ... and my toothache is calming down too! Thank goodness for prescription drugs huh!!

No comments: