Thursday 24 April 2008

The last 2 days .....

I couldn't bring myself to write anything yesterday. I took the day completely off work to be with my mum when Rosie was put to sleep. It was such a sad day and by the end of it I just wanted to close my eyes and go to sleep.

The vet had been due to arrive at mum's for 11am yesterday, so I was over there an hour before so I could spend some time with mum and Rosie. It was just so hard to believe that the dog I was sat there stroking would be gone just a while later. The vet and nurse were really wonderful in the way that they dealt with mum. I think mum was reassured too when the nurse said that Rosie's blood pressure was really low ... it meant that she would have only literally had a matter of days left and she would have died in pain. It helped mum to realise that it was the right decision.

Rosie was sitting on her bed in mum's conservatory ... mum was on the floor hugging and holding Rosie, and I just sat behind mum and held her tight. It only took a minute or so for Rosie to pass away.

God it was so sad. Mum and I then drove up to Raystede animal sanctuary with Rosie in the back of the car. It is a lovely place and we left Rosie in the chapel of rest ... I'm going back on Sunday with mum to pick up her ashes and then Rosie will be scattered in several different places! Part of her will be where Dad's ashes were scattered - his favourite walk through the woods. The rest of her will be scattered on HER favourite walk - the rabbit run up the big hill where she can eternally chase rabbits forever now!!!

Today? It's actually been a good day! Orders have finally picked up again and I spent the day being BUSY and getting a lot done at work.

Sorry this is a bit of a weird melancholy blog post ... but in a strange way I feel okay. I popped over to mum's this afternoon just to check on her and it was so weird not to hear Rosie barking as I opened the back gate *sigh* - I'll miss that dog.

No comments: