Wednesday 16 April 2008

Mundane Wednesday stuff!

I was chatting to a friend a few days ago about my seedlings and she was all enthusiastic, saying she'd seen the pics on my blog and said how much they had grown!! I was a bit taken aback because I hadn't really thought that people actually read my blog! LOL

I don't exactly write about news, politics, finance or current issues (other than anything that really strikes me and I remember to write about it!!) ... I guess I always thought that my life --- is --- pretty boring! LOL I just write about my daily mundane ... well ... stuff!!

Why blog then? Some would say that blogging is narcissistic, and a waste of time... (and they are probably right!) Why do I blog though? To be truthful I've always kept a journal anyway ... I'm such a forgetful klutz and it's a really good thing to be able to look back and think ohhh yeah I did such and such on that day! I always wrote my journal by hand before until I realised I was spending so much time online in the evenings or working on my laptop anyway (website stuff etc) that I may as well journal online too!

It's weird - it gets to around 10pm in the evening and if I haven't blogged/journalled that day then my fingers just feel itchy! It's like the dream where you realise you are nekkid in public ... it just aint right! I even find myself mentally noting things that happen during the day and thinking "I'll blog about that later!"

Is there a support group for blogaholics? An online one preferably! LOL

Today in general? Not so bad! I finished the re-vamp of the wholesale website ... so fingers crossed that will bring in some nice extra business for me. Also, now the site is finished, I plan on sending out an (unspam) mailing to selected online companies with a special offer on any wholesale orders placed before the end of May ... again fingers crossed!

It's the same all over though ... I don't think it really matters what business you are in ... the economy is shite at the moment. FFS the banks won't even lend to each other at the moment, first time buyers have no hope of getting a mortgage .... what hope does a lil candlemaker have of staying in business?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are spot on. I run my own business too and over the last 6-12 months it has slowed up enormously.

Wishing you all the best. Have subscribed to your feed