Friday 11 April 2008

So I think I have "hybrid" bluebells ... LOL


So these are close up pics of the bluebells in my garden. I NEEEED a macro lens for my camera to get better real sharp close ups, but this is the best I could get!



I found a website that has a quick online questionnaire to work out whether bluebells are the native, hybrid or spanish variety ... http://www.plantlife.org.uk/bluebell/plants.htm and according to the answers I filled in, mine are hybrid ... BUT it's very hard to tell for sure because the flowers are only just starting to bloom and even the open ones aren't 100% fully open yet!

What did strike me as I was taking the pics though ... was how beautifully and stunningly deep purple the stem of the flower is - gorgeous! The insides of the flowers are definitely a pale blue and not the cream from the spanish ones, and the flowers are definitely purple as opposed to pale blue ... so I am sure they are hybrid. Anyway I'll let my friend take a look at the pics and we'll get an "expert" *grin* opinion!!

Meanwhile Tinkerbell had a lot of fun getting in the way while I was taking pics!! LOL

"... you can't see me ... I'm not here .... ohhh scuse me while I lay down right where you are trying to take photos ... please take pics of me and adore me .... LOL"

No comments: