Tuesday 1 April 2008

My fingers are getting greener! Seedlings update!

This is what I got up to on Sunday afternoon! I'd been in the workshop all day from early till late, and when I got home I decided to relax by pottering with my plants! I love that word ... pottering ... it's a way of describing how you are doing something, yet hardly anything at the same time!


Anyway, my baby lettuce seedlings were ready to re-pot into their first pots, so I split a black sack as a waterproof table cover in the conservatory and got busy! The pic to the left shows them just before they went into their pots.

CHECK OUT MY PINK SPRAY BOTTLE!! This was a pressie from a very good friend that obviously knows me very well. Apparently it was spotted on the shelf in B&Q and I was told that it was so me (as in pink!) and that it just couldn't be walked past!! I love pressies but this is such a GREAT one!! LOL When I water the brand new seedlings with a jug of water, it compacts all of the soil down (ie not good!) and the spray mist (pump action yeah baby!) is so gentle! They did look a little sorry for themselves after being re-potted but I can happily report that they have perked up now!!
Aaaaanyway, I also planted more tomato seeds, ummm 6 cucumber plants and I have started on this years herbs from seed - I've got basil and chervill on the go at the moment! I really want to do everything from seed this year!! Ohh, and as I had a spare propagator, I planted another whole tray of lettuces! I didn't take a pic of those as ummm well it's just soil in trays! Hahaha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love your blog ... I tune in occasionally and love the way you write!!